EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME (EAP)
YOUR GUIDE TO THE EAP SERVICE, PROVIDING SUPPORT ON A RANGE OF PERSONAL ISSUES
Life’s a journey and every road has a few bumps. Buying a new home, illness, managing money, relationships, raising children – just a few of the events we experience, making the journey both exciting and challenging. Through the EAP, you can rest assured you have an expert team to help you plan for the highs and support you through the lows.
With the EAP, you have 24 hour personal assistance. At any time, day or night, you can talk in confidence to a qualified advisor or access helpful information and articles online.
Life can present many challenges – some you can anticipate, and some that are completely unexpected. Expert advisors, trained by Citizens Advice, can provide comprehensive answers and assistance on a wide range of issues which affect daily life.
The service is completely confidential and free of charge. The EAP can help you with:
- Mental health
- Managing money
- Legal issues
- Family life
- Moving house
- Family or personal crises
- Illness and injury
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
The FREE helpline is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Call 0800 015 5630
Or visit eap-carefirst.com and enter:
Thrive - Accessible mental health support all in one place
An NHS approved digital proactive prevention tool for stress and anxiety.
Thrive: Mental Wellbeing provides you with the tools to manage your mental wellbeing, empowering you to understand your emotions, differentiate between helpful and unhelpful thoughts and be the best you can be.
The mobile app can assist you with:
Download for free from the app store.
The app is available for iOS and Android devices.
Access/coupon code: JLR0001
*You will not need to use a JLR email address to sign-up for Thrive
Please note you are able to connect directly with the EAP service via the App and speak with a member of the EAP team should you need to do so. The In App chat function via Thrive is therefore not available, however employees are able to use the online chat function on their website.
Aviva DigiCare+ Workplace
Work is a major part of our lives, so how you feel when you’re at work really matters. We want to cultivate a positive workplace for our people; one that prioritises wellbeing and creates a healthy and happy working environment we’re proud of, where people can thrive and truly Live the Exceptional with Soul.
To support this, as a UK JLR employee, you have access to DigiCare+ app, a free and confidential service from Aviva, which provides you with an annual health check, along with a variety of additional services for both you and your loved ones.
Once signed up, the Aviva DigiCare+ app gives you the guidance and care you need to help prevent, detect and manage any aspects of your physical and mental health. Each year, you and your family will have access to a range of medical and wellbeing support, including:
- 3 virtual GP appointments
- 6 mental health appointments
- Bereavement support
- 6 nutritionist appointments
- 2 second medical opinions
- Annual health check (employee only)
DigiCare+ complements our existing Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that provides you with free and confidential advice 24 hours a day, as well as the Thrive app.
More details, including the DigiCare+ employee guide, registration instructions, the JLR required PIN and FAQs, can be found on the People Portal and within specific business communications.
It's important that we all invest in our wellbeing, so that we can be our best – both at work and at home – and Live the Exceptional with Soul every day.
If you feel that you would like more information on support for alcohol, drugs, or gambling concerns, please see the information/ links below:
Confidential and non-judgmental advice and support is available via our partner, Aquarius. Please contact the number below if you would like to self-refer for CONFIDENTIAL sessions with our specialist practitioners.
All JLR sites: 0121 700 3766
Monday to Thursday 07:30-16:00 and Fridays 07:30-15:30
Alternatively if you are a JLR staff member and your line manager wishes to refer you to the service they can submit an OH referral form via the OH gateway portal.
The Employee Assistance Programme is also available for employees to speak to a professional for advice and signposting.
BEN Support for life is a charity, here for the automotive industry.
Supports people to navigate life’s challenges, helping them make positive, lasting changes to their lives and is specifically for the automotive industry.
They can support anything around physical health, mental health and any areas of your wellbeing you are concerned with.
They are a confidential service available Mon to Fri- 8am-8pm, and you can contact them on 08081 311 333.
For more information follow this link to access their website: Here for the automotive industry | Ben support for life
The NHS is always there to support anyone 24/7 and they offer a range of services but also have the ability to signpost you to other specific services depending on your needs.
Their website provides a multitude of services and can be found by following this link: Find services near you - NHS (www.nhs.uk).
Whatever you're going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. We're here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
TELEPHONE 116 123 or visit the website https://www.samaritans.org/.
The charity Cruse help people with bereavement support, information and campaigning.
Our volunteers are trained in all types of bereavement and can help you make sense of how you're feeling right now.
The telephone number to call: 0808 808 1677
Find their Opening hours.
The Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) is an arm’s-length body sponsored by the Department for Work and Pensions, established at the beginning of 2019, and also engages with HM Treasury on policy matters relating to financial capability and debt advice.
Impartial money and pensions guidance, backed by government and free to use.
5 core functions:
- Pension guidance
- Debt advice
- Money guidance
- Consumer protection
To call: 0800 138 7777
Domestic abuse services UK
- Safe lives- About domestic abuse | Safelives has a leave site button that takes you to BBC news straight away and deletes the safelives website tab to hide from abuser. (national and not gender specified) Email email@example.com
- NCDV- Domestic Violence & Abuse · Emergency Injunction Service (ncdv.org.uk) (national and gender not specified) Phone: 0800 970 2070. Text: NCDV to 60777. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For those in Northern Ireland/ Scotland and Wales:
- Northern Ireland- Domestic and Sexual Abuse Helpline 0808 802 1414. Live chat and email available
- Scotland- Domestic Abuse and Forced Marriage Helpline 0800 027 1234 Live chat and email available
- Wales- Live Fear Free 0808 80 10 800 Live chat, text and email available
- Women’s aid- Home - Women's Aid (womensaid.org.uk) (national and for women) Email: email@example.com Chat and forum services are available
- Flows- FLOWS | Finding Legal Options for Women Survivors has a quick close button that takes you straight to google (can find local help and for women) Phone: 0203 745 7707. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Forum services and a contact form is also available.
- Refuge- Home | Refuge National Domestic Abuse Helpline (nationaldahelpline.org.uk) (national and gender not specified) Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Men’s advice line- Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men | Men's Advice Line UK (mensadviceline.org.uk) (national and for men) Phone: 0808 8010327
- ManKind initiative- ManKind Initiative - Supporting Male Victims of Domestic Abuse (national and for men) Phone: 01823 334 244
- LGBTQ Foundation- LGBT Foundation - Domestic Abuse (national and LGTBQ+) Phone: 03453 303030
- Karma Nirvana- https://karmanirvana.org.uk/ (national) UK Helpline: 0800 5999 247
For those who may need help themselves due to committing acts of domestic violence/abuse, The Ananias Foundation helps individuals. Stop Domestic Violence & Abuse | Change Programs | Free Help (ananiasfoundation.org)