Jaguar Land Rover respects the privacy of every individual who visits its websites. Any information collected about you will be used to fulfil any service you might request and also to improve how we serve you. Your data will be treated in accordance with relevant European Union and local country legal provisions. Your information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of Jaguar Land Rover and its affiliated or associated companies.
Jaguar Land Rover will not collect personal information about you using cookies however by enabling cookies or keeping cookies enabled, you are providing your consent to Jaguar Land Rover storing cookies on your browser. Please note that disabling cookies is likely to impact website functionality and your experience of this Jaguar Land Rover website.
We protect the data in strict accordance with the Principles of the European Union Data Protection Framework Directives, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Any information that you choose to provide us with about yourself will be held on a secure computer server in the United Kingdom. The server software (SSL) encrypts all the information you supply us. This ensures, among other things, that data we hold about you is processed lawfully and fairly. We aim to ensure that the personal data stored will be accurate, relevant and not excessive. We will keep the data up to date and not retain the information longer than is necessary. We will keep data securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies. Jaguar Land Rover will not share or loan any identifiable information about you to any third party without your consent. We may share generalised information about site visitor patterns with partners or other parties in such a way that individual visitors can never be identified. It is possible to view our site without providing any personal details.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect your personal information on a contact form.
This information may include data such as your name and email address.
We use this information:
- To send you relevant personalised information regarding issues identified within this website.
If you have allowed us to use your personal information for the purposes above, we may from time to time disclose this information to any company or organisation to which we pass the responsibility to handle email or other communications on our behalf. Should this happen, we ensure that any third-party companies who handle your information comply with the relevant Data Protection legislation.
OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED DURING YOUR VISIT TO OUR SITE
Whenever you browse the website, read pages, or download information, our computers automatically record certain information about your visit from the computer you use to access our site. This information does not identify you personally. It just tells us how many visitors come to our site and the types of computers they use. With this information, we can improve our site for all our visitors and make it more useful to you.
The information includes the following:
- The date and time you access our site.
- How many and which pages you visit during a ‘session’ on our site and how long you were on the site.
- Your Internet domain name (this might be your internet service provider such as aol.com or your place of work) and the ‘IP’ address (this is a number assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) which allows you to access our website.
- The Internet browser you use (e.g. Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) and your computer’s operating system (e.g. Windows 10).
- The site you were on before you linked to wellbeing.jaguarlandrover.com (e.g. Google if you found us from a search engine).
PROTECTION OF EMAIL ADDRESSES
Your email address is only used for the purposes of replying to you unless you have given consent as detailed above.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
TELL ME MORE
ABOUT MY DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to Jaguar Land Rover holding any personally sensitive data that you may have submitted to us via this website at any time. If you withdraw consent, we will cease processing your information for the reasons that consent was obtained.
- You can ask for access to the information we hold about you. Should you wish to do so, please make your request via our wellbeing website. JLR will then respond accordingly to your request within the statutory timeframe.
ABOUT HOW I CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT
- You have the right to make an official complaint about the way we handle your information. You can raise a complaint by contacting Jaguar Land Rover HR Direct team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01926 691 747
- If you do not feel that your complaint has been suitably addressed, you can contact your local data protection regulator.
ABOUT HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER'S OFFICE (ICO)
The Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) is the supervisory authority that regulates personal data in the UK. You can get in touch with the ICO in any of the following ways:
- By going to their website: ico.org.uk
- By giving them a call on 0303 123 1113
- By writing to them. Their address is: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.
HOW WE ARE REGULATED
For UK data protection legislation purposes, JLR is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA020510